If your spouse died due to the negligence of a truck driver or trucking company, you should talk to a Machesney Park wrongful death attorney at your earliest opportunity. Trucking accidents are unique and require the skills and knowledge of an experienced attorney for the following reasons:
- Truck accidents can cause severe injuries and even death due to their immense size and weight and the force with which they strike a smaller passenger vehicle.
- Trucking companies are responsible for hiring professional truck drivers, properly maintaining their trucks, and following the appropriate state and federal trucking rules and regulations.
- Trucking companies are required to keep extensive documentation regarding driver work hours and truck maintenance. This information can be very helpful in proving negligence—on the part of the driver, the trucking company, or both.
- Trucking companies are required to comply with various state and federal regulations.
- Trucking companies are required to carry a minimum of $750,000 in liability insurance. Many firms carry several layers of insurance, making the coverage much higher.
Because the financial stakes are very high for insurance companies, they often have teams of lawyers, photographers, accident reconstruction specialists, medical experts, and investigators, working to defend against a Machesney Park wrongful death lawsuit. Trucking companies may destroy documents related to the accident as soon as they are legally able to.
You can even the playing field by hiring a Machesney Park wrongful death attorney to fight for your rights. The Machesney Park wrongful death lawyers at The Fisk & Monteleone Law Firm are experienced accident attorneys who are not afraid to go up against big insurance firms. They understand the trucking industry, as well as the laws trucking firms, must follow. They will work to document the accident and gather the evidence required to pursue your case. Contact them today at 888-716-7336 to schedule your free, no-obligation case evaluation.