If you own a motorcycle, you probably love the open road and the freedom that comes with riding in Illinois. You may also want to share your passion for riding with your family—including your children.
As you probably know, riding on the back of a motorcycle is not the safest form of transportation—especially for children. They are especially vulnerable in a motorcycle crash, due to their small stature. If you plan to take your little ones out on a motorcycle ride, be sure to follow the safety tips listed below:
- Children should wear protective riding gear including pants, a jacket, gloves, and boots
- Children should wear a properly-fitted helmet
- Children should wear proper-fitting sunglasses
- Children should know the rules of the road
- Children should learn how to handle themselves when they are on a bike
- Children should let you know if they become tired—you do not want them falling asleep while riding on the motorcycle
The tips listed above will help to keep your children safe when riding on a motorcycle. If despite your best efforts, you or your child are hurt in a motorcycle crash, a Rockford motorcycle crash lawyer at The Fisk & Monteleone Law Firm can help you to obtain the compensation you deserve. Call our office toll free at 888-716-7336 today for a free case evaluation. Our attorneys have the experience you are looking for to get you through this difficult time.